With the news hitting the headlines this week announcing that plastic in the oceans is set to triple in the next decade, here at Affinity Packaging we thought it best to put together reasons why your company should be turning to cartonboard products to fulfil your packaging needs.
- …is primarily made from the virgin fibres of wood pulp from sustainably managed forests. These forests are fully accredited (FSC® & PEFC™). For every tree that is harvested for wood pulp two trees are planted.
- …has the lowest carbon footprint of any packaging material
- …production uses highly carbon efficient energy methods especially through wood based biomass conversion. This avoids the need for non-renewable energy sources such as fossil based coal or gas
- …is the packaging material that has the lowest impact on the environment and climate change. Carbon is absorbed by the trees, stored in the wood fibres in the carton and is kept locked up in the fibres when it is recycled.
- …is a feedstock for the production of recycled cartonboard or other paper based products. Paper and board is the most recycled material in the EU – it has a 81% recycling rate
- …fibres can be reused seven times over their life when recycled
- …is also compostable or can finally be used as an energy source in an incinerator when recycled
- …offers endless opportunities for innovative and creative packaging designs and uses. It is a key material growing in importance as the world wakes up to the devastating impact of post consumer plastic waste on our environment and ecosystems.
The options for providing packaging for your product in an innovative and eco friendly way are limitless – get in touch with Affinity Packaging today to see how we can meet your needs.